The Bird Migration Explorer is a first-of-its-kind digital platform that visualizesmigration science for 458 North American migratory species to engage people across thehemisphere in the wonders of migration and science-based bird conservation. TheExplorer reflects an unprecedented partnership among science, conservation,technology organizations/ agencies/ institutions and many Audubondepartments/divisions.
The Explorer public launch was on September 15, 2022. The Migratory Bird Initiativeteam invites you to experience the Explorer.
- Interactive, animated maps of the full annual migration for all 458 bird species
- More than 4.2 million data points showing connections across the hemisphere madeby local migratory birds
- A library of 19 Conservation Challenges that migratory birds are exposed tothroughout the year and across the western hemisphere
Want to Learn More?
Articles on the Bird Migration Explorer:
- First-of-Its-Kind Digital Platform Reveals Migration Data for Birds Across theAmericas Just In Time for Fall Migration - https://www.audubon.org/news/first-its-kind-digital-platform-reveals-mig...
- Aerial odysseys: bird migration in the Americas - https://www.audubon.org/feature/aerial-odysseys-bird-migration-americas
- The Bird Migration Explorer Lets You Interact With Nature’s Most AmazingFeat - https://www.audubon.org/news/the-bird-migration-explorer-lets-you-intera...
- Meet Audubon's Melanie Smith, spatial ecologist and Bird Migration Explorerprogram manager who tracks the hemisphere’s migratory birds from a log cabin inAlaska - https://www.audubon.org/news/audubon-spotlight-melanie-smith-finds-inspi...
How you can help, right now
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates about Audubon Texas's conservation work, and news about our activities and local events.