Welcome to Surfside Beach! Your getaway destination.
Most notable and birdiest areas of Surfside Beach
- Beach - gulls, brown pelicans, sanderlings, terns, plovers!
- Jetties - Mergansers, gulls, pelicans, dolphins and much more.
- Crab Road wetlands - spoonbills, great blue herons, great egret, reddish egret, tri-color heron, yellow crowned night heron, black skimmers.
- Surfside Bird and Butterfly Trail - migrating songbirds such as catbirds, all warblers, tanagers, painted and indigo buntings, hummingbirds, orioles, grosbeaks, magnificent frigate bird, Residents cardinals, mockingbirds.
Essential Partners to Bird City Texas
- Gulf Coast Bird Observatory - local and well known organization that helped us tremendously and continues to give much support!
- Houston Audubon - sends volunteers to our events to run educational booths.
- Gulf Coast Wildlife Rescue - provides rescues in the area and runs educational booths at events.
- American Bird Conservancy - does research on Beach nesting birds on Surfside Beach
Important 2023 Dates and Events
April 1, 2023 - Wings Over Surfside
First Saturday in October - Nature Fest
Places to stay
Check out our website to find the best places to stay in Surfside when visiting!
How you can help, right now
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates about Audubon Texas's conservation work, and news about our activities and local events.