Clean Air & Energy
Suburban sprawl and long commutes have made Texas second nationally in gasoline consumption. Many of our urban areas struggle with poor air quality. Dallas, Fort Worth-Arlington, Houston, and San Antonio consistently exceed ozone air quality standards. Texas has great potential for generating renewable energy from sources like solar and wind. Audubon supports responsibly sited wind energy – learn more here.
Learn more about the energy conservation and air quality issues in your community:
- Is your area under an Air Quality Alert? Find out here.
- You can keep our air clean with your daily transportation habits. Find out more.
- Is it time to renew your energy contract? Consider picking a plan that offers renewable energy. Once you have your list of plans, you can select a percent renewable energy from the menu on the left of the screen.
- Looking for tips to conserve energy and save money? Start with your typical monthly energy usage and use this calculator to see where you can save.
- Sign up for a Texas Smart Meter account to track your household (or business) energy use and find ways to save.
How you can help, right now
Join Audubon Texas Today
Becoming a member supports our local work protecting birds and the places they need.
Consider a Legacy Gift for Texas
Planned gifts and bequests allow you to provide a lasting form of support to Audubon Texas.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates about Audubon Texas's conservation work, and news about our activities and local events.