Suburban sprawl and long commutes have made Texas second nationally in gasoline consumption. Many of our urban areas struggle with poor air quality. Dallas, Fort Worth-Arlington, Houston, and San Antonio consistently exceed ozone air quality standards. Texas has great potential for generating renewable energy from sources like solar and wind. Audubon supports responsibly sited wind energy – learn more here.
Learn more about the energy conservation and air quality issues in your community:
- Is your area under an Air Quality Alert? Find out here.
- You can keep our air clean with your daily transportation habits. Find out more.
- Is it time to renew your energy contract? Consider picking a plan that offers renewable energy. Once you have your list of plans, you can select a percent renewable energy from the menu on the left of the screen.
- Looking for tips to conserve energy and save money? Start with your typical monthly energy usage and use this calculator to see where you can save.
- Sign up for a Texas Smart Meter account to track your household (or business) energy use and find ways to save.
How you can help, right now
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates about Audubon Texas's conservation work, and news about our activities and local events.